Saturday, January 25, 2014

COSTA RICA – CLARO QUE SI, UNTIL NEXT TIME


 
Today is my last full day in paradise.  I am beside myself with a mixture of emotions, the primary I think being sadness and resistance to my time ending here.  It has gone far too quickly. 

Last night I had to say “farewell, until next time” to some lovely friends who are leaving today.  I already miss them and, while I am grateful for the time we had together, I feel greedy like I want more and it will never be enough. 

I hate good-byes.  I am terrible at them.  My friends all say the same thing – it isn’t good-bye, it is until next time. 

The thing is, we never know for sure.  There is no permanence in life.  There is no such thing as a “sure thing”.  It is the reason I do not make promises anymore.  Despite our best intentions, we just never know what is around the corner. 

However, I try to oblige with the “until next time” because it is what my heart wants – A NEXT TIME. 

The German guy, Alex, who everybody came to quickly adore, told me he had to be honest and wasn’t sure when he would be back next.  I understood, but of course hope to see him again someday regardless of “where”.  I think everyone who met Alex can agree that there is an open invitation to come to Costa Rica and spend time with the January crew. At the very least, I think everyone would like to see him again someday as well.

My last posting I mentioned the now famous menu ordering by the Queen of Excess.  I went back to Claro Que Seafood and took a picture of their menu so the 1/3 of the menu ordered in one sweeping gesture could be remembered in detail.  The chicken soup was perhaps one of the surprising favourites, although when I saw that it was “Grandma’s Recipe”, it suddenly made sense.  What would we do without our grandmothers’ recipes handed down?

I was worried they might not let me photograph their menu, but they remembered me from the night I ordered all the appetizers for 5 people including me. 
 

If you have never done such a thing before, I highly recommend it.

This may be my last posting for a couple of days until I return to the states, wanting to soak up as much here as possible for the next 30 hours.  More will be forthcoming although not necessarily in chronological order.  I have so much to write about it makes me giddy!

Today’s agenda is making salsa, some alone beach time, hopefully some beach time with friends, and then dinner with friends. 

So, until “next time”…………

No comments:

Post a Comment