Tuesday, February 4, 2014

IT'S OH SO QUIET.....DONUTS, DENTS & DIMPLES

Yes, I have been oh so quiet for a few days. 

I'm still unpacking (seriously!), working, and trying to catch up on sleep while simultaneously trying to go on some sort of a post Costa Rica diet, which basically just entails NOT ordering ALL of the appetizers on the menu. 
Easier said than done. 
Today somebody kindly brought donuts, and they sat about 4 feet from me.  A partition did nothing to dissuade me from eating more than my fair share along with my impressive array of organic penance snacks from Trader Joe's. In a moment of pure adolescent selfishness, I even told another person who pretended to take the entire box for themselves that I had licked them all. 
My donut pace was slowed when somebody else was actually exerting some self-control and made the comment that they, "Didn't want to be like Naomi", and subsequently playfully forbade me from sneaking more donuts once they were removed from the area.
Before I left for the day, I said something to the effect of, "When I go home, I'm going to motivate my donut butt and go for a walk."  I didn’t know this meant walking to my car in the parking lot.
I drive about two miles and am stopped at a traffic light when I notice that the truck/SUV/Bigger Car than mine directly in front of me has a license that reads: GOT DNTS
Of course I read it as, "Got Donuts?" before figuring out it really says, "Got Dents", made clear by the painted slogans on the vehicle. 
Sometimes I'm just not sure if the Universe is toying with me or if my effortless indulgence in Costa Rica has a dark, albeit humorous, side.
I didn't make it out for my walk (had something else to deal with of concern) but I did sit down to work on the 5 or 6 blogs I have decided to work on simultaneously because apparently, I like life to be as frenetic as possible.  I feel I may be committing a sin admitting to all of this on a travel blog, but a part of me just doesn't care. 
And I know that as I see my Costa Rican friends submitting Facebook posts that they are hitting the gym, I really should be doing something like dancing right now (my version of working out), or at least taking my donut butt for a walk around the cold California block.
However, I'm sitting my donut butt down to tell you all that I at least accomplished one thing this past week that put a dent in my to-do list even if there is also a dimple in my butt: I finally got my Facebook Travel Page up.  Stop by and say hello, like my page, and tell your friends.  My donut butt would be ever so grateful and I would love to share my photographs, stories, and snippets with you all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment