Sunday, December 15, 2013

Kenneth King – All Grown Up Now: A Friendship in Three Acts

My last blog post, Reverend Na in San Francisco, was a deeply personal post that brought together two story lines. One story line has been ongoing for 17 years involving the life, brief yet profound friendship, and passing of Mark Ankeles, who continues to be a presence in my life throughout the years.  The other story line involves officiating the recent marriage between my two friends, Tim and Burt. The common denominator of Friday the 13th is one aspect that creates a special intertwining bond between story lines and memories, both old and new, which reside in the beautiful depths of my heart.


Mark was a special man who had an impact on many people, perhaps most of all his close friend, Ken.  Ken was kind enough to allow me to read what he wrote prior to publication about his own life and his friendship with Mark a couple of years ago when I contacted him out of the blue.  Reading Ken’s words, I laughed out loud, I cried, and most importantly, gained a better understanding of Mark’s life, the abuse he endured, and the ways he touched others.

I was happy to learn yesterday that Kenneth King’s book, All Grown Up Now: A Friendship in Three Acts, has been published and is available on Amazon for purchase by clicking on the following link:

All Grown Up Now: A Friendship in Three Acts by Kenneth King

I highly recommend you read this wonderful autobiographical novel of Ken’s journey through life, going from a boy growing up in Oklahoma to an haute couture designer in New York, interwoven with his friendship with Mark, the tragedy of domestic violence, and the selfless, brave acts born of love and friendship that transform something horrific into something beautiful. This heart-wrenching story is written with humor, wit, style, and of course fabulous clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment